Structural Design Engineer I
Ballinger is seeking a Structural Design Engineer I to support in the creation of safe, durable, stable, and efficient structures capable of withstanding environmental forces. This position will be required to work in conjunction with the engineering team as well as architects, contractors and other professionals and communicate their designs to appropriate parties. In addition, this position will be required to have excellent analytical skills and be able to apply mathematical and scientific principles to solve complex problems.
- Draft/model documents
- Pick up redlines in a documentation set
- Engineering support in the form of standalone analysis modeling and documentation tasks within a larger project on project teams under direction of Senior/Project Engineer or Department Head Engineer
- Active and direct role in document production
- Interface and coordinate with other disciplines
- Mentor team members junior to them
- Develop knowledge of Ballinger’s project types (health care, academic/lab/research, corporate/workspace) through active engagement with project teams and leadership
- Travel as project requirements dictate for surveys and field/site visits during construction
- Foundational interpersonal skills and coordination efforts
- Foundational analytical and engineering skills under mentorship of project engineers
- Ability to take direction within a larger team
- Develops design or technical solutions under supervision of the Project Engineer and/or Department Heads
- CAD & Revit proficiency
- Excel, Word, and analysis software proficiency
- Active role in drawing production, including but not limited to picking up redlines, quality assessment of individual work, coordination with other disciplines and coordination reviews and participation in team coordination meetings from SD through CA phases
- Thorough understanding of discipline’s drawing and graphic standards, adherence to standards for quality and consistency in Ballinger’s product
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically communication, dependability, responsibility, and teamwork
- Coordination skills, specifically communication, organization, time management, and adaptability
- BS, BEng, or BAE degree in engineering relevant to the particular field of practice or equivalent as determined by the firm.
- Post Graduate degree preferred.
- 0-4 years experience